For this blog I choose to watch The 12 keys to spiritual activism. After observing the 12 keys to spiritual activism I believe that the best attributes, qualities and strengths of an effective agent of change is understanding, honesty and compassion. Compassion is the essential to being a good activist. Without compassion there will be no solution, and simply more problems. Compassion is what the world needs more of. The next quality is understanding. A good activist has an open mind and an open heart, and can sympathize with others. Honesty is the last component. Honesty is extremely important when becoming good activists. It is important for everyone to be honest with themselves, and others.
The activist that I admire the most is Harriet Tubman. Harriet Tubman was born as a slave and wanted to make a difference for herself and others. Tubman saved hundreds of slaves by risking her life every day. She had tremendous courage, and perseverance. When I learned about her back in elementary school I was amazed by her. She hid out in peoples house’s and travel back and forth from Maryland to free slaves after she had already freed herself. There aren’t many people like her and that is why I admire her.
I completely agree. Of all that we've seen this semester that was one of the most moving and inspirational that I'd seen.
ReplyDeleteI also said that compassion was an important attribute for an activist. Activists sometimes need to take extreme action to help their cause, and without true compassion, finding that will would be hard to do.
ReplyDeleteI wonder why there are not more people like her? Do you'll consider yourself activists?
ReplyDelete