Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quick Blog #5



I don't necessarily believe that pornography contributes to the way men see women sexually. Although there is porn that are abusive and tortuous I'm sure there is other porn that shows equality and respect. I believe that if people are going to watch porn, they have a choice of what type of pornography is acceptable. I do believe that watching negative images does alter our consciousness, but we have the choice on what images to watch and if someone chooses to watch pornography that degrades woman then that is already their view. I just hope that in all cases of pornography, that men and women are able to separate reality from fiction.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I don't think it is really fair to blame an entire industry for violence against women, because I know perfectly normal and healthy women who enjoy it as much as their husbands and have used it to explore their sexuality. There is a whole sex toy industry geared toward encouraging healthy exploration. I've been to a bridal shower that was a sex toy party! The point is, productions that depict violent and/or illegal acts is inappropriate and if anyone were to try to tackle an issue of porn I think it should be concentrated where the concern is instead of trying to attack the whole industry.

    ReplyDelete