Monday, January 10, 2011

Video treatment

Topic: I chose to cover sexism in my short video. I feel like I can relate to sexism, and find it an interesting topic to discuss.

The Story: I will be creating a fictional talk show interview. The guest speaker will be an author who recently wrote a book on discrimination. I will discuss what is sexism, provide some examples and it how effects people today. Then I will have the guest talk to the audience about how to fight gender discrimination.

Software: I am using xtranormal.com.  I have seen some of the commercials done by Geico using this software and have been playing around with the making of my video. I find this website extremely fun and I am excited to see the end product of my video

Research: I will be using content I find online. I will take definitions from the dictionary to help clearly define sexism and use statistics and facts I find.

Timeline: I have already begun to put together my video. I have most of the dialogue, and I am looking for facts to fill in any gaps. I plan to have it completed and posted to YouTube by Friday January 14th.

Take away message: I want viewers to understand what sexism is, and that it is not specially about woman’s oppression.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea. I like xtranormal and have made a video there myself, and have seen a number of others. It is quite easy to use and an interesting way to disseminate information. I think I am going to ask for folks to include their information citations in their process piece, so be sure to keep track of where you find the data. I look forward to watching your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited about your video! It will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea. I think you'll be able to make a great video out of it. I initially tried using xtranormal but kind of hit a dead end because I didn't have a strong basis of the message I was trying to send. I think you have a great topic/ idea of how to convey your message so I look forward to seeing your video!

    ReplyDelete